If capable of meeting the duties and qualifications set below, please submit a Cover Letter, Resume and References using the form at the bottom of this page.
This job posting is for a full-time position at our office in Pottstown, PA.
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineering License in PA or ability and commitment to obtain the license within 6 months.
- Knowledge of Civil Engineering principles, practices and methods as applicable to a municipal setting; working knowledge of applicable laws, standards and regulations relating to construction, inspection, safety and traffic control; considerable knowledge of public works inspection methods.
- Skill in reading and interpreting construction drawings, plans and specifications, and contract documents; skill in applying material testing procedures;
- Prepare, organize and maintain inspection field and office data, reports and systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical information, orally and in writing, in a professional manner to contractors, developers, property owners, employees, consultants, other governmental agency representatives, City officials and the general public.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects on a daily basis.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license with acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years.
- Plan, design, peer review and/or oversee construction and maintenance of building structures and facilities, such as roads, parking areas, culverts, stormwater management facilities, water and sewage systems.
- Using excellent customer service skills, establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, officials, and all members of the general public.
- Prepare applications, calculations, reports and studies for presentation and compliance to local, county, and state requirements for permits.
- Peer reviews of Subdivision and Land Development plans for compliance to appropriate municipal regulations.
- Compiling job specifications and estimates.
- Resolve design and development problems.
- Managing budgets and project resources.
- Schedule material and equipment purchases and delivery.
- Ensuring projects run smoothly and structures are completed within budget and on time.
- Construction – Site Investigations, studying of survey reports, topographical, aerial and geographical maps, testing of soil and construction material.
- Deadlines: Considering the budget and timeline to finish the project.
- Present the progress of the project or any findings in person or in progress reports to clients, authorities or public.
- Monitor, manage, and control the smooth functioning of every aspect of the project.
- Assure compliance with federal, state and local codes and standards and contractual provisions.
- Review and inspect all phases of public and private construction and improvement work contracted on behalf of CEDARVILLE Clients, as requested, to assure that the appropriate construction is completed in compliance with the plans, standards, specifications, special requirements, codes and regulations; issues correction notices or approvals as required.
- Identify areas requiring mitigation or improvement on existing infrastructure.
- Comply with local, State or Federal standards for designs and construction within any right-of-way, street use, and other permits issued to private utilities or contractors.
- Review field conditions and make revisions within the scope of authority.
- Maintain accurate records of time spent on site, completing reports and mileage for billing/reimbursement by Clients.
- Punctual Attendance at work is an essential function of this position.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
CEDARVILLE Engineering Group, LLC reserves the right to conduct a background check on any applicant as a part of the hiring process. Submittal of an application in any form acknowledges the consent of the applicant to this review.
What can we do for you?
CEDARVILLE Engineering Group, LLC
1033 S. Hanover Street, Suite 300
Pottstown, PA 19465