If capable of meeting the duties and qualifications set below please submit a Cover Letter and Resume using the form at the bottom of this page.
Must be a certified BCO with Residential and/or Commercial Certifications that are searchable on the PA L&I website. Must also have Zoning EXPERIENCE including Enforcement, and Testimony.
The Zoning Officer/Building Code Official shall have the responsibility for administering and enforcing the provisions of the Township Codes and other applicable Ordinances of the Townships in which they are representing CEDARVILLE. Responsibilities shall also include the review and inspection of construction within the Township to ensure compliance with local and national building codes, zoning regulations and contract specifications.
- Schedules daily inspections and conducts inspections to insure compliance with local and state regulations governing a building’s proper construction, use, occupancy, safety and sanitation.
- Inspects and examines construction standards of a building’s structural elements and fixtures, including: plumbing, electrical wiring, framing and foundation, roofing systems, stud and joist spacing and spans in floors and ceilings.
- Documents findings, prepares reports and maintains records of inspections. Issues non-compliance notices and performs follow-up code enforcement inspections.
- Confers with and assists property and landowners, architects, and builders and to practices and techniques of design, construction and structural technology requirements.
- Assures that the work complies with building, electrical, plumbing and mechanical codes, energy regulations and any other applicable building regulations.
- Checks plans and assists customers at the building permit counter or is assigned to code enforcement or special inspection projects.
- Recommends design and specification changes where necessary for compliance with ordinances and regulatory practices.
- Provides courteous, high quality service to members of the public by personally responding to requests for service or making appropriate referral.
- Previous experience, preferably 2-5 years, in the Inspection Industry, particularly Commercial & Industrial experience.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license with acceptable driving record for the past three years.
- Working experience in their field(s) of knowledge.
- Formal education in fields of Codes Enforcement or Inspection.
- U.C.C. Certification
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Inspector’s License (mandatory for working in PA).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to make tough decisions in the best interest of safety.
- Ability to work with people; particularly the ability to deliver bad news to difficult people in a non-agitating manner.
- Drive to excel in your profession.
- Inquire within.
CEDARVILLE Engineering Group, LLC reserves the right to conduct a background check on any applicant as a part of the hiring process. Submittal of an application in any form acknowledges the consent of the applicant to this review.
What can we do for you?
CEDARVILLE Engineering Group, LLC
159 E. High Street, Suite 500
Pottstown, PA 19464